About Vijender Singh
Vijender Singh is a famous Indian boxer. And he was born on 29 October 1985 in Kaluwas, Haryana, India. And in 2008, he also became the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal as an amateur. In addition to this, he also won bronze medals at the 2009 World Championships and 2010 Commonwealth Games, as well as silver medals at the 2006 and 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Also in June 2015, Vijender Singh signed a multi-year deal with Queensberry Promotions through IOS Sports & Entertainment. And as a result, he was unable to compete in the 2016 Olympics.
As far as the year 2003 is concerned, his career was also successful as he changed his career from Singh All India Youth Boxing Champion. Later in the same year he rose to prominence by winning the gold medal at the Afro-Asian Games held in Hyderabad, India.
The following year he represented India in the welterweight category at the Athens Olympics but was knocked out in the opening round. And in the 2006 Commonwealth Games held in Melbourne, Australia, Singh reached the finals in his category but could not win the Games and ended up with a bronze medal.
|Real Name||Vijendra Singh Beniwal|
|Nick Name||Not Known|
|Date of birth||29 October 1985|
|Age (as in 2023)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Kaluwas, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Kaluwas, Haryana, India|
|School||Happy Senior Secondary School, Bhiwani, Haryana,India|
|College & University||Vaish College Of Education, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Height (Approx.)||6 feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||75 kg|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
AFFAIRS AND MORE
FAMILY AND MORE
|Father||Mahipal Singh Beniwal (Bus Driver with the Haryana Roadways)|
|Mother||Krishna Devi (Homemaker)|
|Brother||Manoj (Older Brother)|
|Favorite Food||Dal, Rice, Mutton Biryani|
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Shiri Devi|
|Favorite cuisine||Indian food|
|favorite cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag|
|Favorite Music||Not Known|
|Favorite Dress||Traditional clothes|
|Favorite Destination||Rishikesh & Switzerland|
HOBBIES AND MONEY FACTOR
|Net Worth (Approx.)||Rs. 3.2 crore|
SOCIAL MEDIA ID
He also won the bronze medal in the Asian Games held in Doha, but during that tournament, he also participated in the middleweight category. Singh went to Germany to train for the 2008 Beijing Olympics and did well in the President’s Cup boxing tournament before the big event. And at the Beijing Olympics, Singh competed in the middleweight category and again shared the bronze medal.
In the process, he became the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal. A year after his Olympic victory, Singh won another bronze medal at the World Amateur Boxing Championships and later that year became number one in the International Boxing Association middleweight rankings.
Vijender Singh also won the Gold Medal in the 2010 Commonwealth Boxing Championship held in New Delhi. And in the same year at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, Singh lost in the semi-finals under controversial circumstances when he scored 4 points to lose 3–4 for fouls.
He ended up winning the bronze medal. However, at the Asian Games, there was no controversy as he won the gold medal in the middleweight category. And Vijender Singh will make his film debut with Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan (2023), supporting his drama as an actor.
Vijender Singh belongs to a Jatt family and his father Mahipal Singh Beniwal is a bus driver in Haryana Roadways, while his mother is a housewife. For the education of Vijender and his elder brother Manoj, his father also worked extra hours for overtime pay.
Vijender did his primary education in Kaluwas, secondary education in Bhiwani and finally graduated from Vaish College, Bhiwani. But he married Archana Singh in 2011. Vijender Singh married Archana Singh on 17 May 2011 and they have two sons Abir Singh and Amrik Singh.
UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT VIJENDER SING
- Vijender also became the first Indian boxer to win an Olympic medal by defeating Carlos Gongura of Ecuador 9-4.
- In the year 2011 also he signed for a Bollywood film but due to his marriage, the producer refused him to take the film as he was not popular in bollywood.
- He has taken training in boxing from former national-level boxers and coaches Jagdish Singh and Gulabkar Singh Sandhu.
- He participated in Salman Khan’s TV show “Dus Ka Dum” along with Mallika Sherawat.
- Immediately during a rally, even during his job, actress Prikat Chopra was also forced to appear.
- In his home town, Bhiwani, he is known as ‘Little Cuba’ as he was the mentor of many world-class boxers.
- In the year 2014 also he started his Bollywood career with the film ‘Fugly’.
- Apart from Mary Kom, he is also the only Indian boxer to win the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Also in the year 2009, he was ranked No. 1 in the world in the middleweight (75 kg) category by the International Boxing Association.
- He is also a good friend of actor Akshay Kumar.
- In the year 2013 also he entered the house of “Bigg Boss Season 7” to meet the stars Sangram Singh.
- He also wanted to become a soldier.
- In the year 2015 also he signed an accord with UK’s famous Queensberry Promotions.
- He was also honored with the Padma Shri award in the year 2010.
PEOPLE ALSO ASK ABOUT Vijender Singh
Q1. What is the religious belief of Vijender Singh?
Ans : He believes in Hinduism.
Q2. Is Vijender Singh married too?
Ans : He is married.
Q3. What are the total assets of Vijender Singh?
Ans : Net worth is Rs. 3.2 crores.
Q4. What is the height of Vijender Singh?
Ans :6 feet.
Q5. What is Vijender Singh’s zodiac sign?
Ans : According to the his date of birth, his zodiac sign is Scorpio.