About Seema Dev
Seema Dev is an actress who has worked predominantly in Hindi and Marathi films. Seema was born on 27 March 1940 and was earlier known as Nalini Saraf. She was also a famous actress of her era and had acted in more than eighty Hindi and Marathi films.
She is also the wife of Ramesh Dev, who is also a famous actor himself. Seema Dev also has two sons named Ajinkya Dev and Abhinay Dev. Ajinkya became an actor following the footsteps of her parents.
But her interest in acting was more towards direction and she became a film director. Seema Goud belongs to Saraswati Brahmin (GSB) and is a native of Karnataka. She was born and brought up in a place called Girgaum in Mumbai. Seema has received the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Marathi.
Seema has also been a part of many famous films of her era. Amitabh Bachchan and Rajesh Khanna were in lead roles in the 1971 film Anand. Seema played the character of ‘Suman Kulkarni’ in this film.
Also, Seema’s husband, Ramesh Dev played the role of ‘doctor’. ‘Prakash Kulkarni’ in the film. The film was very successful at the box office and even though Seema’s role was small, it was appreciated. Anand has followed; In 1972 also she got a chance to act in another Hindi film named ‘Koshish’ where she played the role of a teacher.
She was in a supporting role in this film too but she did full justice to her character and gave a wonderful performance. Seema was also a part of another famous Hindi film ‘Saraswatichandra’ which released in the year 1968.
Seema played the role of Mrs. Savitri Nath in other films like ‘Jakhmon Ka Hisab’ released in 1993. And only after this, films like ‘Bhabhi Ki Chudiyan’ in 1987 and ‘Sansar’ in 1993 came.
|Famous For||Not Known|
|Date of Birth||27 March 1940|
|Age (as in 2023)||83 years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College & Institute||Not Known|
PHYSICAL STATS & MORE
|Height (Approx.)||5’5” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||58 kg|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||36-30-36|
AFFAIRS & MORE
FAMILY & MORE
HOBBIES & MONEY FACTOR
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$4 Million|
Unknown Facts About Seema Dev
- Seema Dev is a veteran Indian film actor. She mainly worked in Hindi and Marathi films.
- She is very well known as a character actress.
- She was born and brought up in Girgaon, Mumbai.
- The financial condition of her family was not good when she was still in school. That’s why she started working on Marathi and Hindi films.
- On the suggestion of her brother, she has kept her screen name Border.
- She met veteran Indian actor Ramesh Dev while traveling by train to a Filmstein studio in Goregaon West, Mumbai. Her mother was also with him in the train. In the first meeting, Rakesh had a little argument with Sarhad’s mother.
- She started her career as a stage artist and acted in various Hindi and Marathi plays.
- It was only later that they signed ‘Varsadhya’ in 1962 and during the shooting of the film, the two fell deeply in love with each other. Ramesh was 12 years elder to Seema Dev.
- She has worked in more than 80 Marathi and Hindi films like ‘Dus Lakh’ (1966), ‘Saraswatichandra’ (1968), ‘Anand’ (1971), ‘Naseeb Apna Apna’ (1986) and ‘Sansar’ (1987). Is.
- Seema Dev has also done many films in Marathi and Hindi along with her husband.
- She is a trained dancer and trained at the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mumbai, along with veteran Indian actress Asha Parline.
- In 1971, Seema Dev and her husband started their own film production house, Ramesh Dev Productions (RDP) in Mumbai.
FAQS – (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q1. Who is Seema Dev?
Answer: Seema Dev is an actress who has worked predominantly in Hindi and Marathi films.
Q2. What is Seema Dev’s date of birth?
Answer: Her date of birth is 27 March 1940.
Q3. Where was Seema Dev born?
Answer: Seema Dev’s birthplace is Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Q4. How old is Seema Dev?
Answer: Seema Dev is 83 years old.
Q5. What is her net worth?
Answer: Her net worth is $4 Million.