Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubrahmanyam (4 June 1946 – 25 September 2020), likewise alluded to as SPB or SP Balu or Balu, was an Indian playback vocalist, TV moderator, entertainer, music writer, naming craftsman, and film producer. He is generally viewed as one of the best Indian artists of all time. He predominently worked in Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Malayalam, and Hindi movies and sang in a sum of 16 languages. S. P. Balasubrahmanyam appeared as a playback vocalist on 15 December 1966 with the Telugu film Sri Sri Maryada Ramanna scored by his guide, S. P. Kodandapani.
In vocation traversing more than fifty years, he has won six Public Film Grants for Best Male Playback Vocalist for his works in four distinct dialects – Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, and Hindi; 25 Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Grants for his work in Telugu film; and various other state grants from Karnataka and Tamil Nadu governments.
|Name||Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubrahmanyam|
|Nick Name||Gaana Gandharva, Paadum Nila|
|Profession||Indian playback singer, Television Presenter, Actor, Music composer, Dubbing Artist, and Film producer|
|Famous for||Singer, Actor, Music, Director, Voice Actor, Producer|
S.P Balasubrahmanyam Biography
|Date of Birth||4 June 1946|
|Death||25 September 2020|
|Birth place||Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|College/ University||JNTU College of Engineering Anantapur|
Physical stats and more
|Body measurement (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
Affairs and more
Family and Siblings
|Father||S P Sambamurthy (Harikatha)|
|Sister||S. P. Sailaja|
|Favourite Food||Groundnut, coconut ice-creams, sweets, sodas, (the famous Andhra spicy mango pickle)|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Kamal Haasan, N. T. Rama Rao|
|Favourite Actress||Sridevi, Ramya Krishnan|
|Favourite color||White, Black, Blue|
|Favourite Film||Sharaabi, Hera Pheri|
|Favourite Sports Person||Not Known (will update soon)|
|Favourite Singer||SP. Balasubrahmanyam,|
|Favourite Attires||Shirt, Pant|
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Net Worth||$114 million|
Social Media ID
Facts About S.P Balasubrahmanyam
- furthermore, he won six Filmfare Grants South and a Filmfare Award. As per a few sources, he held the Guinness World Record for recording the largest number of tunes by a vocalist with north of 40,000 melodies in 16 languages.
- On 8 February 1981, he made a record by keep 21 tunes in Kannada from 9 am to 9 pm. Likewise, he kept 19 melodies in Tamil, and 16 tunes in Hindi in a day, which has likewise been known as a record.
- In 2012, he got the state NTR Public Honor for his commitments to Indian cinema.
- In 2015, he got the Harivarasanam Grant from the Public authority of Kerala.
- In 2016, he was regarded with the Indian Film Character of the Year grant at the 47th Global Film Celebration of India.
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam was a beneficiary of the Padma Shri (2001), Padma Bhushan (2011), and Padma Vibhushan (post mortem) (2021) from the Public authority of India.
- On 25 September 2020, S. P. Balasubrahmanyam passed on in Chennai subsequent to being hospitalized for north of a month for complexities because of Coronavirus 19.
Also Read : Asin Thottumkal
- Balasubrahmanyam was brought into the world in Nellore, in present-day Andhra Pradesh into a Telugu Brahmin family.
- His dad, S. P. Sambamurthy, was a Harikatha craftsman who likewise acted in plays.
- His mom was Sakunthalamma, who passed on 4 February 2019.
- He had two siblings and five sisters, including vocalist S. P. Sailaja.
- His child S. P. Charan is likewise a famous South Indian vocalist, entertainer and producer.
- Balasubrahmanyam fostered an interest in music at an early age, concentrated on melodic documentations and learned music. He enlisted at the JNTU School of Designing Anantapur fully intent on turning into a designer.
- He frequently said that, at the time his main dream was to satisfy his dad’s desire and turned into a specialist and get an administration job.
- Balasubrahmanyam kept on chasing after music during his designing examinations and won grants at singing rivalries. He ended his examinations right on time because of typhoid and joined as a partner individual from the Foundation of Specialists, Chennai.
- In 1964, he won the primary award in a music rivalry for beginner vocalists coordinated by the Madras-based Telugu Social Association.
- He was the head of a light music group made out of Anirutta (on the harmonium), Ilaiyaraaja (on guitar and later on harmonium), Baskar (on percussion) and Gangai Amaran (on guitar).
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam was chosen as the best vocalist in a singing rivalry which was decided by S. P. Kodandapani and Ghantasala.
- Frequently visiting music writers looking for potential open doors, his most memorable tryout melody was “Nilave Ennidam Nerungadhe”.
- It was delivered by veteran playback vocalist P. B. Sreenivas, who used to compose and give him multi-lingual stanzas in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Sanskrit, English and Urdu.
- Balasubrahmanyam was hitched in 1969 to Savithri and has two youngsters, a little girl Pallavi, and a child S. P. Charan, likewise a playback vocalist and film maker.
More Read : S.P Balasubrahmanyam
- Balasubrahmanyam thought about S. P. Kodandapani, who gave him his first singing deal and guided him in quite a while early profession, to be his master.
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam would think back about him all through his life and would frequently pay recognitions for him.
- He named his recording theater after him. He additionally named his film creation organization after him as ‘Sri Kodandapani Film Circuits’.
- Balasubrahmanyam unintentionally turned into a naming craftsman with K. Balachander’s film Manmadha Leela (1976), the named Telugu rendition of Manmadha Leelai, giving voice-over to Kamal Haasan.
- He has additionally given voice-overs to different craftsmen, including Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth, Vishnuvardhan, Salman Khan, K. Bhagyaraj, Mohan, Anil Kapoor, Girish Karnad, Gemini Ganesan, Arjun Sarja, Nagesh, Karthik and Raghuvaran in different dialects.
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam was relegated as the default naming craftsman for Kamal Haasan in Telugu-named variants of Tamil movies.
- For the Telugu adaptation of Dasavathaaram, he gave voice to seven characters (counting the female person) out of ten characters played by Kamal Haasan.
- He was granted the Nandi Grant for Best Male Naming Craftsman for the movies Annamayya and Sri Sai Mahima.
- He named for Nandamuri Balakrishna for the Tamil variant of the film Sri Rama Rajyam in 2012.
- S. P. Balasubrahmanyam additionally named for Ben Kingsley in the Telugu-named rendition of Gandhi.
(FAQ)- Frequently Asked Questions
1 . Who is S. P. Balasubrahmanyam?
ANS. Sripathi Panditaradhyula Balasubrahmanyam (4 June 1946 – 25 September 2020), likewise alluded to as SPB or SP Balu or Balu, was an Indian playback vocalist, TV moderator, entertainer, music writer, naming craftsman, and film producer.
2 . How old is S. P. Balasubrahmanyam?
ANS. He was born on 4 June 1946 in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India into a Telugu Brahmin Family. S. P. Balasubrahmanyam was death age is 74 years old.
3 . What’s the height of S. P. Balasubrahmanyam?
ANS. His height is 5 feet 7 inches, which is approx. 168cm.
4 . Where is S. P. Balasubrahmanyam’s residence?
ANS. He was born in Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India and he was live in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
5 . Does S. P. Balasubrahmanyam have wife?
ANS. Yes, His wife name is Savitri Balasubrahmanyam.