Divine Ikubor, better known by his stage name Rema, is a Nigerian rapper, singer, and artist, born on May 1, 2000. With the release of the song “Dumbi”, he became famous as well. He also entered into a recording contract with Joonging World, a subsidiary of Mavin Records, in 2019. Rema also shared a popular freestyle to D’Prince’s song “Gucci Gang” on Instagram in 2018. The musician a record deal.
Rema also released his debut EP Rema in 2019 after signing a record deal with Jozing World. Rema announced in May 2021 that he would call his style “Afrorao”, a subgenre of Afrobeats with Arab and Indian musical influences. As a result, they also have one of the strongest fan bases in the country, popularly known as ravers.
Along with his labelmate Ayra Star, Rema was also roped in as the brand ambassador of the famous soft drink Pepsi in September 2021. On March 25, 2022, they released their debut album, Rave & Roses, which was followed by two additional EPs. Even after its debut week, the album debuted at number 10 on the US Billboard Afrobeats chart. He collaborated with Selena Gomez on a remix of her song “Calm Down”, which was released on August 26, 2022, and debuted at number 91 on the Billboard Hot 100.
|Date of Birth||1st May, 2000|
|Age ( as in 2022)||23 Years|
|Birth place||Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria|
|Home Town||Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria|
|College/ University||Not Known|
|Educational qualification||Not Known|
|Height(approx.)||5’ 8” Feet|
|Weight (approx.)||69 kg|
Affairs And More
Family And More
Hobbies And Money Factor
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, Singing|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||Click to follow|
|Instagram ID||Click to follow|
|Twitter Account||Click to follow|
- While his colleagues have not supported his song Iron Man much. US President Barack Obama said it was on his playlist, and it gained immense popularity thereafter.
- Rema has never liked to label herself as a follower of any genre. However, also in May 2021, Rema announced that he would call his music “Afrorave”, a sub-genre of Afrobeats also clubbed with Arabian and Indian. He thinks his music is somewhere between Afrobeat and Alternative and still wants to explore more options.
- Also in September 2021, Rema was signed as the brand ambassador of popular soft drink brand Pepsi along with his label mate Arya Star.
- Rema Football Club Manchester United F.C. Also a big fan of. And can be seen attending events.
- On 15 June 2020, when Rema was also nominated as Best Viewer’s Choice: International Act at the 2020 BET Awards, alongside Burna Boy and Wizkid, he was also the only Nigerian artist to be nominated for the 2020 awards edition as well. had become
- Rema describes herself as a very “noisy” child growing up. But he channeled his energy into his music and was influenced by artists such as Michael Jackson, 2Face, TB1 and Frank Edwards. And he also drew inspiration from the Nigerian label Mo’ Hits era, which produced artists such as Wande Cole, Dr. With singers such as Sid and D’Prince monopolizing the Afro-pop scene.
- He was named “Rap Nation Leader” by the congregation, which he also participated in during his teenage years.
- It was a proud moment for Rema when her songs were included in the FIFA 21 soundtrack.
- Rema is also extremely religious and a devout Christian, and even credits all his success to the Almighty. And he claims that he is not even professionally educated in music.
- Rema also joined fellow protesters in the #endSARS movement against the killing of an unarmed man and musician Daniel Chibuike, also known as Slick, by a Nigerian Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) officer. The movement also resulted in the killing of a large number of innocent protestors by the military in Lagos. Rema then also released his single, Peace of Mind, where he documented his feelings of anger against the act.
- Rema loves to play games on his PlayStation. He admitted that he was not good at playing the game at first but he improved his skills over time and got better.
- Rema made his first million when he was only 17 and considers it his best moment. And with his first salary, he even bought a car for his mother.
- His favorite childhood memory is when his mother used to make party jollof rice which was rare. he made it only on occasions like Christmas so it was very special to his too.
- Rema is also a text person and doesn’t like frequent calls too much.
- He prefers iOS over Android and also owns most of the Apple gadgets.
- The Nigerian singer can only cook fries, eggs and noodles. He says that he also knows how to cook but forgets it because of lack of practice.
- His worst film experience was also with a Benin film called Ozeba because it had strange characters.
- In an interview too, Rema revealed that she would rather stay at home than go out for parties. He is not a party person.
One of Rema’s popular songs Kyun (2019) was actually inspired by a heartbreak he experienced as a child as well.
Rema loves swimming and surfing a lot.
- Other brands Rema has collaborated with include OPPO Nigeria, Monster Energy and Pepsi to name a few.
- In an interview, Rema admitted that the inspiration behind Raven and Rose’s song ‘Love’ was a girl he was FaceTiming with while recording the song. He explained that he would record, pause, talk and start recording again.
People Also Asks About Rema
Who is Ream?
Ream is a rapper, songwriter, and musician based in Nigeria.
How old is Ream?
He is 23 years old of 2023.
What is Ream Real name?
How Height is Ream?
He stands 5’ 8” Feet Height .
How much is Ream net worth.
He amassed an estimated net worth $1 million.