About Nitin Desai
Nitin Desai is a notable Art Director and Production Designer in Bollywood He is also a TV and Film Producer. He was born in Mulund, Mumbai, Maharashtra. He completed his schooling at Vamanrao Muranjan High School, Mulund. He learned photography from L S Raheja School of Arts and J J School of Arts. After which he made an entry in films. Nitin began his career assisting art director Nitish Roy for the TV serial Tamas (1987), where he was Roy’s fourth assistant.
Even before joining Roy, he had visited Film City Studios in Mumbai where he moved from the 2D format of still photography to the 3D world of art direction. He has further worked for TV series like ‘Kabir’ and ‘Chanakya’. Nitin made his debut in films with ‘Bhoocamp’ (1993) of ‘The Adhikari Brothers’.
He got recognition from Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s 1994 film ‘1942: A Love Story’. Apart from this, he did ‘Akele Hum Akele Tum’ (1995), ‘Winner’ (1995), ‘Khamoshi: The Musical (1996), and many other Bollywood films. Nitin is mainly known for his art direction and set design for the TV show ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ and superhit films like ‘Lagaan’ (2001), Devdas (2002), and ‘Jodha Akbar’ (2008).
|Real Name||Nitin Chandrakant Desai|
|Profession||Actor, Filmmaker, Art Director, and Production Designer|
|Date of Birth||6 August 1965|
|Age (as in 2023)||58 years|
|Birth Place||Mulund, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Town||Mulund, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|School||Wamanrao Muranjan High School, Mulund in a Marathi Medium|
|College & University||J. J. School of Art, Mumbai|
L.S. Raheja School of Arts, Mumbai
PHYSICAL STATS, AND MORE
|Height (Approx.)||5′ 11” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||70 Kg|
AFFAIRS, AND MORE
FAMILY AND MORE
|Father||Chandrakant Ganpat Desai|
|Mother||Meena Chandrakant Desai|
|Favorite Food||Indian Food|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Singer||Not Known|
|Favorite Sportsmen||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Dress||Western Dress, Jeans & shirt|
HOBBIES AND MONEY FACTOR
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$20 million|
SOCIAL MEDIA ID
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|YouTube Channel||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
He was given four films ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’ (1999), ‘Dr. He has also been awarded the National Film Award for Best Art Direction. Babasaheb Ambedkar’ (1999), ‘Lagaan’ (2001) and ‘Devdas’ (2002). Apart from this, Filmfare Best Art Direction Award has also been received for ‘1942: A Love Story, ‘Khamoshi’ and ‘Devdas’.
He has also received the IIFA Best Art Direction Award for the film ‘Jodhaa Akbar’ and the Screen Award for Best Art Direction for six films. In 2009 also, he received the Best Art Direction Award from Maharashtra State Film Awards for the film ‘Harishchandrachi Factory’.
Nitin’s work has been seen internationally through ‘Salaam Bombay!’, ‘Amok’ (a French film), ‘Sach A Long Journey’ and ‘Holy Smoke’ (Canadian films) and Slumdog Millionaire, for which he Two sets were designed. One is the scene of Kaun Banega Crorepati and the other is the interior set of Taj Mahal. Nitin started his own production house under which he produced his first feature film ‘Desh Devi Maa Ashapura’ in 2003.
Later in 2005 also he opened a studio named ND Studio in Karjat, which is spread over 52 acres. The 50 percent stake in this studio was bought by Reliance Entertainment for Rs. 1.50 billion. Then he produced the Marathi hit serial ‘Raja Shivchhatrapati’. He has produced many TV serials and films.
UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT NITIN DESAI
- Does Nitin Desai smoke? Yes
- Does Nitin Desai, Consume Alcohol? Yes
- Nitin Desai is a notable art director and production designer in Bollywood, he is also a TV and film producer.
- Nitin Desai was born in 6 August 1965 in a simple Maharashtrian family. His early life was a far cry from the glamor of Bollywood that would later define him.
- Desai Sir J.J. Had graduated from. Institute of Applied Arts in Mumbai, where he laid the foundation for his successful career in film production design.
- His career began in the late 1980s and since then, he has appeared in over 100 Bollywood films, including “Devdas,” “Lagaan” and “Jodhaa Akbar.”
- He also launched his production company, Nitin Desai Studio, popularly known as ND Studio, in 2005. This effort allowed him to have more creative control over his projects.
- Desai’s work was not limited to Bollywood only, he has worked in international projects. His contribution to “Gandhi, My Father” brought him international fame.
- He was known for his subtlety and attention to detail. His sets often included intricate designs that also mimicked the historical era he represented in with uncanny accuracy.
- For “Devdas”, Desai demonstrated his extraordinary abilities by creating a complete replica of an old-fashioned haveli in a studio in Mumbai.
- He has won the National Film Award for Best Art Direction four times which is also a testimony to his creative prowess and dedication.
- Apart from films, Desai has also designed sets for popular television shows including “Bigg Boss” and “Kaun Banega Crorepati”.
- Despite his busy schedule, Desai never misses an opportunity to give back to his community. And he regularly conducts workshops at his alma mater, inspiring the next generation of artists.
- Desai also ventured into the hospitality industry, opening a resort in Karjat near Mumbai, which was built around the sets used in his films.
- His passion for art and history extends far beyond his work.
- He had a collection of old cars and antique furniture.
- His talent was not limited to historical and period films. And Desai demonstrated his versatility by working in contemporary films such as “Rangeela” and “Mission Kashmir”.
- Desai’s dedication to authenticity often involved extensive research. For “Jodhaa Akbar”, he studied Mughal architecture and historical texts to ensure accuracy of the sets.
FAQS – (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q1. Who is Nitin Desai?
Answer: Nitin Desai is a notable Art Director and Production Designer in Bollywood He is also a TV and Film Producer.
Q2. What is the birth place of Nitin Desai?
Answer: The place of birth of Nitin Desai is 6 August 1965.
Q3. What is the net worth of Nitin Desai?
Answer: His net worth is $20 million.
Q4. How old is Nitin Desai?
Answer: Nitin Desai is 58 years old.