About Neeraj Chopra
Neeraj Chopra is a very popular Indian athlete who participates in the Javelin throw. Neeraj Chopra was born on 24 December 1997 and he was born in a village named Khandra in Panipat district of Haryana state. Presently his age is 25 years. Neeraj Chopra belongs to a small family his father’s name is Satish Kumar, he is also a hard-working farmer and his mother’s name is Saroj Devi and she takes care of his household responsibilities.
Neeraj Chopra also has two younger sisters named Sangeeta and Sarita. Unlike most Indian families, Neeraj Chopra’s family has supported him in his career, and he mentioned in an interview that he would not have been successful in life without his family’s help.
At the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Neeraj Chopra won a gold medal and the love of a billion Indians. He is the only athlete to have achieved Olympic gold at the top level of a world championship.
|Real Name||Neeraj Chopra|
|Profession||Javelin Thrower and Junior Commissioned|
|Famous For||reigning Olympic champion, World Championships silver medallist and the Diamond League champion in the javelin throw.|
|Date of Birth||24 December 1997|
|Age (as in 2023)||25 Years Old|
|Birth Place||Khandra Village, Panipat District, Haryana|
|Hometown||Khandra Village, Panipat District, Haryana|
|College & Institute||DAV College, Chandigarh|
Kurukshetra University, Haryana
|Educational Qualification||Graduation (correspondence)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5’11” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||80 Kg|
|Body Measurement (Approx.)||40-30-15|
Family & More
|Father||Satish Kumar Chopra (works as a farmer)|
|Sister||Sangeeta and Sarita|
Affairs & More
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$5 million|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Him|
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Him|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Him|
Unknown Facts About Neeraj Chopra
- Does Neeraj drink alcohol? No
- Does Neeraj smoke? No
- Neeraj’s father Satish Kumar is a farmer in Khandra, a small village in Panipat, Haryana.
- His mother Saroj Devi is a housewife and he also has two sisters.
- At the age of 11, Neeraj became interested in javelin throw only after watching Jaiveer (Jai Chowdhary) who used to practice at the Panipat Stadium. Jaiveer is a javelin thrower and has represented Haryana.
- It was only after training under Chowdhary for a year that 13-year-old Chopra was admitted to the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Panchkula, four hours from his home.
- In 2014, Neeraj bought his first spear for Rs 7000. And later bought a javelin worth Rs 1 lakh in the national camp he participated in at the international level.
- Neeraj was introduced to the javelin throw by chance when he was only 11 years old and weighed 80 kg when he visited the Panipat Stadium in an attempt to lose weight.
- Seeing Chopra’s ability to throw 40 meters without training and impressed by his drive, Chowdhary became his first coach.
- It was only after training under Chowdhary for a year that the 13-year-old Chopra was admitted to the Tau Devi Lal Sports Complex in Panchkula, four hours from his home.
- The sports complex was then one of only two facilities in the state of Haryana to have a synthetic runway.
- There he trained under coach Naseem Ahmed who trained his in javelin throw as well as long distance running.
- Initially while at Tau Devi, he generally achieved a throw of around 55 metres.
- He soon extended his range and won the 2012 Junior Nationals in Lucknow by achieving a new national record throw of 68.40m.
- The following year he entered his first international competition, the World Youth Championships in Ukraine.
- He achieved his first throw over 70m at the 2014 Senior Nationals and followed it up with a world record throw of 81.04m in the junior category at the 2015 All India Inter-University Athletics Meet, his first throw over 80m.
- Chopra won the gold medal at the 2016 IAAF World U20 Championships in Bydgoszcz, Poland with a world junior record of 86.48 metres.
- However he failed to qualify for the 2016 Summer Olympics as the cut-off date was 11 July, a week before the U20 Championships.
- Impressed by Chopra’s performance at the South Asian Games and his future prospects, the Indian Army offered him a direct appointment as a Junior Commissioned Officer in the Rajputana Rifles with the rank of Naib Subedar, a rank not usually given to athletes immediately. are given, which usually are. Recruitment as Non-Commissioned Officers (NCOs).
FAQS – (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q1. Who is Neeraj Chopra?
Answer: Neeraj Chopra is a very popular Indian athlete who participates in Javelin throw. In Aug 2021 he was ranked 2nd internationally by the world Athletics. He is the Junior Commissioned Officer (JCO) in Indian Army. Neeraj Chopra lives in a family with seventeen persons in Haryana Panipat.
Q2. What is the date of birth of Neeraj Chopra?
Answer: His date of birth is 24 December 1997.
Q3. Where was Neeraj Chopra born?
Answer: The birth place of Neeraj Chopra is Khandra Village, Panipat District, Haryana.
Q4. How old is Neeraj Chopra?
Answer: Neeraj Chopra is 25 years old.
Q5. What is his net worth?
Answer: His net worth is $5 million.