About EPR IYER
He was very fond of singing and rapping since his college days, and this is reflected in the fact that he formed ‘Underground Authority’, a rock band from India, along with Adil Rashid, Soumyadeep Bhattacharya, and Sourish Kumar. With his hard work and determination, Santhanam became the lead singer of the ‘Underground Authority’ and performed hundreds of shows and concerts in India with his band.
Prior to joining the band, Santhanam used to perform at open mic sessions and had developed a small fan base. The band also participated in the Indian Hindi-language television talent show “India’s Got Talent” (Season 2) in 2010. And the show aired on ‘Colors TV’ till season 8 and is airing on “Sony Entertainment Television” from season 9. And in 2007, Santhanam became part of the hip-hop artist community “Insignia Rap Combat”, and included artists from Nepal, Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. As Santhanam’s career was on the rise, things took a turn for the worse when he was diagnosed with cholesteatoma (a disease that can cause hearing loss) in his left ear in 2013.
After talking to his doctor, he had an operation, and after that he could not hear for three months. He made a spectacular comeback after his operation and in 2013 along with his band won the ‘Hornbill International Rock Contest’ held in Kohima, Nagaland. In 2019, EPR participated in India’s first rap reality show ‘MTV Hustle’ (Season 1), judged by Raftaar, Nucleya and Raja Kumari. The show was aired on MTV India.
|Real Name||Santhanam Srinivasan Iyer|
|Nick Name||EPR IYER|
|Name||EPR (Emcee Poet Rapper)|
|Date of Birth||3 April 1989|
|Age (as in 2023)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu|
|Home Town||Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|College & University||NSHM Institute of Media and Communication|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate (Broadcast Journalism)|
PHYSICAL STATS, AND MORE
|Height (Approx.)||5′ 8” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||60 Kg|
AFFAIRS, AND MORE
FAMILY AND MORE
|Favorite Food||Indian Food|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Alia Bhatt|
|Favorite Color||Red, White|
|Favorite Singer||Raftaar, Badshah|
|Favorite Sportsmen||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Dress||Western Dress, Jeans & shirt|
|Favorite Destination||Switzerland & Maldives|
HOBBIES AND MONEY FACTOR
|Hobbies||Travelling and Singing|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$1 Million|
SOCIAL MEDIA ID
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|YouTube Channel||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
- Does EPR smoke? Yes
- Is EPR the wine father? No
- EPR was born and brought up in Tiruchirappalli.
- EPR has presented live concerts across the country.
- He made his television debut with “India’s Got Talent”.
- He appeared as a solo artist in “MTV Hustle”.
- The fame hasn’t changed why he does what he does and Iyer – who refers to himself as a ‘reporter from the streets’ – continues to speak on current affairs and socio-political topics through rap.
- He admits that being a Kolkatan has a lot to do with his attitude. “I don’t think I would have been so political if I had grown up somewhere else.
- When you grow up in Kolkata, you are exposed to political debates right from the start, be it in a cha shop or a college hangout.
- The city makes you realize that you cannot stay outside the system for systemic change.”
- Despite the pressure, he prefers a journalistic approach to hip hop, maintaining neutrality by critiquing where the group falters.
- His first solo album, Protest Poetry, released in 2020 during the pandemic, is a blend of these ideals. Featuring 17 tracks with two million streams on Spotify alone, Iyer feels it is a testament to a change in taste.
- He says, “The album is packed with heavy material that listeners wouldn’t normally hear, and includes stories about the Assam Regiment, Lakshmi Agarwal and the 2019 elections.”
- With a continued desire to move forward, Iyer is well into the making of his second album, Reggae Hindustani, which includes 16 singles, eight of which have already been released. “I was a lot more conservative and objective on my first album.
- Except for two melodious songs, I didn’t even find myself in the stories told.
- I have explored many genres in this album and there is more ‘me’ in it.
- I also studied Urdu poetry for five months to write a song, ADR/ABR.
- Even after listening to it, people were asking me if I am from Pakistan!” he says.
- Iyer says the album is all about breaking stereotypes, highlighting how past regressive notions have made way for new ones. “Earlier, you had to wear oversized clothes and jewelry to be considered a true rapper.
FAQs – (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. Who is EPR IYER?
Answer: EPR IYER is an Indian rapper, singer, and songwriter, better known by his stage name EPR (Emci-Poet-Rapper).
Q2. Where is EPR IYER from?
Answer: EPR IYER is a resident of Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu.
Q3. How old is EPR IYER?
Answer: EPR IYER is 35 years old.
Q4. What is the date of birth of EPR?
Answer: EPR’s date of birth is 3 April 1989.
Q5. What is the net worth of EPR IYER?
Answer: The net worth of EPR is $1 Million.