About Cyrus Broacha
Cyrus Broacha is an Indian actor, anchor, comedian, columnist, author, podcaster, and theater personality. And he is known for the shows “Bakara” (on MTV) and “The Week That Was Not” (on CNN-IBN). Kunal Vijaykar, and his close friend, also directed and co-wrote the latter show. He was born on 7 August 1971. He did his schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai, India. He completed his graduation from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. He did an acting course at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute, in New York.
He made his first acting performance at the age of five in a school play, The Emperor’s New Clothes. While still in school, he wrote for the school magazine and acted in various school plays. At the age of 12, he played a role in the film “Jalwa” alongside Naseeruddin Shah and Pankaj Parashar. And at the age of 13, he acted in a play called “Brighton Beach Memoirs”, which was also his first professional act. He made a reputation as a radio jockey when he was still in college because that was the time when FM radio became famous in India.
Even after returning to India from New York, he started working in advertisements, plays, and TV serials to learn theatre. He has hosted corporate events, televised award shows, etc. He performed for over twenty professional theater productions. MTV took him on and made him the host of several shows on the channel. He became its face. He has also done interviews with famous personalities like Shah Rukh Khan, Sourav Ganguly, Virat Kohli etc. He has hosted cricket shows, comedy shows and news satires. He hosts, directed by Vijayakar, IBN 7’s Faking News.
He has hosted the Chevrolet Cricket Show on Channel Ten Sports. He was also selected to represent MTV at the UNAIDS conference in Germany. He has guided the “Rock the Vote” campaign in India itself. In 2001 also he married Ayesha who is also a photographer. The couple has a son (Mikhail) and daughter (Maya). Also in 2002, he was also the most moderate of the Indian segment of “Be Heard – A Global Discussion with Colin Powell”. He was also seen in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and Khatron Ke Khiladi – Season 3.
He also writes for two leading magazines and newspapers. He also writes for Hindustan Times, the column is also about love and relationships. He has done many films like 99, Little Zizhou, Fruit and Nut, Mumbai Chakchak, The Shaukeens and Roy. He has also written books like Kal Aaj Aur Kal and The Average Indian Mail. Also in 2015, he started a podcast named Cyrus Says. This is a podcast on current news. It covers all topics from politics to entertainment.
|Real Name||Cyrus Broacha|
|Profession||TV Anchor, Theater Personality, Comedian, Political Satirist, Columnist, Podcaster & Author|
|Famous For||Known for his show “Bakra” which aired on MTV|
|Date of Birth||7 August 1971|
|Age (as in 2023)||51 years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Cathedral & John Connon School, Mumbai|
|College & Institute||-St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
-Government Law College Mumbai
-Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute, New York
|Educational Qualification||-Graduate in Political Science|
-Degree in Law (Incomplete)
Physical Stats & More
|Height (Approx.)||5′ 9” (175 Cm)|
|Weight (Approx.)||100 Kg|
Affairs & More
|Girlfriend / Wife||Ayesha (Photographer)|
Family & More
|Favorite Sport||Pizza, Chicken Curry & Fish Curry|
|Favorite Actor||Boman Irani & Ranveer Singh|
|Favorite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favorite Color||Grey, Royal Blue & White|
|Favorite Song||Arijit Singh|
|Favorite Bike||Range Rover SVR|
|Favorite Destination||Goa & Uttarakhand|
Hobbies & Money Factor
|Hobbies||Gymming, Travelling & Watching TV|
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$ 257 Billion Dollar|
Social Media ID
|Twitter ID||Click To Follow Her|
|YouTube ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
- Does Cyrus Broacha smoke too?: Yes
- Does Cyrus Broacha drink alcohol?: Yes
- He started acting at the age of 5 with a school drama ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ and also made his debut at the age of 12 as Arn Pooran’s brother Chhote Singh in Naseeruddin Shah, Jalwa (1987). Started acting career.
- He acted in school plays and wrote for the school magazine.
- Also in 1988, he did his first professional stage play, Bratton Beach Memoirs, under the direction of Pearl Padamsee, for which he was dubbed the Polo Prodigy by the press.
- He also worked as an RJ during his college days.
- They are also known for their shows: Bakra on MTV and a masquerade for The Week That’s Not On on CNN-IBN.
- He has also done the voice-over for the role of Angada in the animated film Ramayana.
- He has hosted several cricket shows including the popular ‘Chevrolet Cricket Show’ on Ten Sports, interviewing almost every cricketer.
- While working with MTV as a presenter, he has also interviewed almost every celebrity in Bollywood.
- Also in 2010, he released his book ‘Carl, Aaj Aur Kal’, which was also a semi-autobiographical celebrity comedy.
- Also in 2016, he has led India’s ‘Rock the Vote’ campaign and represented MTV at the UNAIDS conference in Hannover, Germany.
- He also appeared in some Indian celebrity reality shows like Jhalak Dikhhlaja and Fear Factor – Working Ke Player Level 3.
(FAQ’S) – FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q1. Who is Cyrus Broacha?
Answer. Cyrus Broacha Bahue is a famous and talented Indian TV anchor, theater personality, comedian, political satirist, columnist, podcaster and author.
Q2. How old is Cyrus Broacha?
Answer. 51 years old.
Q3. Who is the wife of Cyrus Broacha?
Answer. Ayesha (Photographer).
Q4. What is the weight of Cyrus Broacha?
Answer. 5′ 9″ (175 cm).