About AR Rahman
AR Rahman is a great music composer and is widely known for his brilliant music mainly for the movie “The Slumdog Millionaire”. He also won several Oscars for this album and made India proud. The birth name of Allah-Rakha Rahman is A.S. Dilip Kumar.
He was born on 6 January 1967 in Chennai. His musical journey began at the age of 4 when he learned piano. At the age of 11, he joined Ustad Ilayaraja’s troupe as a keyboard player. He made his debut as a music composer with renowned film producer G.R. Curry from Mani Ratnam’s film “Roja”, which came in 1992. Some of his popular music albums were also for films like Rangeela, Bombay, Dil Se, and Lagaan: Once Upon a Time In. India.
He is also widely regarded as a redefining legend of contemporary music and has sold over 150 million copies of his film albums and soundtracks, as estimated by the BBC. He made music his profession at a very young age. He earned a degree in Western and Classical Music from Trinity College of Music, London. His popular achievements include the rank list of his work by Times Magazine and Guardian, UK.
Rahman was also honored with two prestigious National Civilian Awards namely “Padma Bhushan” and “Padma Shri”. He has also brought films to India’s biggest recognition with his 4 Indian National Film Awards and 28 Filmfare Awards.
He was also listed among the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine in 2009. Rahman had also expanded to travel to new horizons like opening AR Rahman Foundation to help the poor. His studio, Panchathan Records had evolved into one of the advanced sound recording studios in the world. Famous quote by A.R. Rahman: “Throughout my life I had made a choice between love and hate. I chose love, and here I am.”
|Real Name||Allah Rakha Rahman|
|Nick Name||Isai Puyal and The Mozart of Madras|
|Profession||Music Director, Singer|
|Date of Birth||6 January 1967|
|Age (as in 2023)||56 years old|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Home Town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|School||Padma Seshadri Bal Bhavan, Chennai|
|College & University||Madras Christian College, Chennai|
Trinity College of Music, Oxford University, United Kingdom
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Western Classical Music|
PHYSICAL STATS, AND MORE
|Height (Approx.)||5′ 5” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||70 Kg|
AFFAIRS, AND MORE
FAMILY AND MORE
|Father||R. K. Shekhar (Music Composer)|
|Sister||A. R. Reihana, Fathima Rafiq and Ishrath Qadri|
|Favorite Food||Indian Food|
|Favorite Actor||Akshay Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Janhvi Kappor|
|Favorite Color||Blue, Black, White|
|Favorite Singer||Darsan Raval|
|Favorite Sportsmen||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Dress||Western Dress, Jeans & shirt|
HOBBIES AND MONEY FACTOR
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$80 Million|
SOCIAL MEDIA ID
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|YouTube Channel||Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT AR RAHMAN
- Before adopting Islam, AR Rahman was identified as AS Dilip Kumar.
- AR Rahman had a very struggling childhood as his father died when he was only 9 years old. He was the sole earner of his family. At first he used to play his father’s instrument with the intention of earning money.
- He scored around 62% marks in his board exams.
- Rahman also always aspired to become a computer engineer.
- Following in the footsteps of his father, he started his early musical training from Master Dhanraj.
- AR Rahman’s first salary was only 50 (INR) for working on a recording player.
- Even as a child, he was seen in Doordarshan’s Wonder Balloon where he became popular as a kid who could play 4 keyboards simultaneously.
- Also in November 2013, a street in Markham, Ontario, Canada was named in his honor.
- Rehman and his son Amin have the same date of birth and that is January 6!
- Apart from Slumdog Millionaire, Rahman has also provided scintillating scores for other Hollywood movies like 127 Hours and The Lord of War.
- In the Limca Book of Records 2007, Rahman received the “Indian of the Year for Contribution to Popular Music” award.
- The Oscar-winning song “Jai Ho” was initially composed for the Salman Khan starrer film- Yuvraaj.
Despite all his international success, he still remains in touch with the South Indian film industry where he first started.
- He has also won 4 National Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards and 14 South Filmfare Awards as of 2014. In fact, out of 138 total award nominations, he has won 117. He is also the first Asian to have won 2 Oscars. That same year!
- A 2000 French TV commercial for Volvic, starring Zinedine Zidane, also featured a sample of Rahman’s theme song for the film Bombay.
- Airtel’s signature tune composed by Rahman is the world’s most downloaded mobile music with over 150 million downloads.
FAQS – (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q1. Who is AR Rahman?
Answer: Sunil Varma is a Telugu actor and comedian known as S.S. Also known as. He is widely known for his role in Rajamouli’s Maryada Ramanna. Sunil started his career with a small role in Peruleni Cinema.
Q2. What is the birthplace of AR Rahman?
Answer: AR Rahman was born in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Q3. How much is AR Rahman’s net worth?
Answer: His net worth is $80 Million.
Q4. How old is AR Rahman?
Answer: AR Rahman is 56 years old.
Q5. How height is AR Rahman?
Answer: His height is 5′ 5′ feet.