About Ankur Bhatia
Ankur Bhatia is an actuary turned model turned actor. He was born on 24 May 1980, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. He was also very fond of acting and appearing on screen since childhood. Also as a part of his academics, he studied computer engineering in Indore, India, and also moved to the US to pursue his Masters at the University of Connecticut.
Immediately after his studies, he worked as an actuary for seven years in well-known financial companies such as Deloitte and Mellon Bank. Since he was well established in his academics and in his career, he also wanted to try his hand at acting and his passion has driven him to pursue it. He has done Diploma in Acting from New York Film Academy.
Mira Nair, who started Mirabai Productions, and went on to make some internationally acclaimed films like ‘Mississippi’, The Namesake, Monsoon Wedding, etc., all based in India, worked for Grant St. Shaving Company. Ankur Bhatia played the role in it. Movies. Grant Saint Shaving Company is also an international hit, and has won around ten international awards like Cannes, Florence Film Festival, Italy etc. Ankur Bhatia as usual played minor roles in the early stages.
He played a street-smart-waiter in Coconut Grove. For this role, he took home the Best Actor Commendation Award at the NYU Tisch School of the Arts Film Festival. Even after watching one of his short films, Apoorva Lekhi invited him for an audition. Still he worked for another blockbuster film named ‘Zanjeer’ which was directed by Apoorva Lekhi. Apoorva Lekhi has directed some blockbuster movies in Bollywood like ‘Lagaan’ and Mission Istanbul. Zanjeer is a remake of Amitabh Bachchan’s 1973 film Zanjeer.
Ankur Bhatia played the character of Bosco who is also the right hand of the villainous character played by Prakash Raj. Ankur Bhatia had said that it would be a good debut for him in India, as the film is releasing in two languages, Hindi and Telugu, simultaneously. Apart from these, he also auditioned for the role of young Amitabh in ‘Mehrunnisa’. He appeared in the 2013 Tollywood film ‘Dilunnodu’. Unfortunately it hasn’t gone on set yet. Since he frequently moved between the US and India for his acting work, he recently moved permanently to Mumbai.
Right now, it is streaming on Bollywood news boards. He played the role of Dalbir’s husband in the new film ‘Sarbjit’. Sarabjit is a female lead film in which Aishwarya Rai Bachchan played the lead role of Dalbir. It was a film based on the life of Sarabjit Singh.
|Real Name||Ankur Bhatia|
|Date of Birth||24 May 1980|
|Age (as in 2023)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Home Town||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|College & University||International Institute of Professional Studies, Indore|
University of Connecticut, Mansfield, Connecticut
|Educational Qualification||Master’s Degree in Mathematics & Finance|
PHYSICAL STATS, AND MORE
|Height (Approx.)||6′ 3” Feet|
|Weight (Approx.)||90 Kg|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
AFFAIRS, AND MORE
FAMILY AND MORE
|Favorite Food||Indian Food|
|Favorite Actor||Robert Pattinson|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favorite Color||Blue, Black, white|
|Favorite Singer||Rihana, Calvin Harries|
|Favorite Sportsmen||Virat Kohli|
|Favorite Dress||Western Dress, Jeans & shirt|
|Favorite Destination||Manali, Ladakh|
HOBBIES AND MONEY FACTOR
|Net Worth (Approx.)||$ 03 Million|
SOCIAL MEDIA ID
|Facebook ID||Click To Follow Her|
|Click To Follow Her|
|Instagram ID||Click To Follow Her|
UNKNOWN FACTS ABOUT ANKUR BHATIA
- Does Ankur Bhatia smoke?: Unknown
- Does Ankur Bhatia drink alcohol?: Unknown
- Ankur was born and brought up in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Initially, he also worked as an Actuary (Finance, Risk and Probability) for seven years for top tier consulting firms like Mellon Bank, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Deloitte and Mercer.
- He studied acting and film at the New York Film Academy, Burbank, California.
- He started his acting career in 2006 with the role of ‘Ben’ in the Hollywood film Beyond Life (2006).
- He also acted in several short films, such as “Grant Saint Shaving Company”. (2010), “The Coconut Tree” (2011), and “Surrender” (2010).
- Also in 2012, he won the Best Actor Commendation Award at the NYU Tisch School of the Arts Film Festival for the short film “Coconut Grove”.
- Ankur made his acting debut in 2010 with Grant Saint’s Shaving Company and the film was also selected for the prestigious Cannes Film Festival.
- It was also originally a short film. The film won an award during the River to River Florence Indian Film Festival.
- In the same year, he also worked in Rendered and in 2011, Ankur worked in Coming Home and Coconut Grove.
- He also received the Best Actor Appreciation Award in 2012 for his work in the film Coconut Groves. The next year he worked in A Dirty Business and in 2013 he worked in Zanjeer and Toofan.
- His rising popularity also earned his a role in Sarabjit in 2016 and in 2017, he worked in Haseena: The Queens of Mumbai.
- The film was released in 2017 and he played the role of Shraddha Kapoor’s husband in the film.
- Today his career is really successful and he has been able to make a mark in the industry because of his hard work and dedication towards acting.
FAQS – (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
Q1. Who is Ankur Bhatia?
Answer: Ankur Bhatia is an Indian film and television actor and model. He is best known for films like Zanjeer, Sarbjit, Haseena Parkar, Bhavai, etc. He also played lead characters in web series such as Crackdown and Aarya. Ankur is originally from Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
Q2. What is the birthplace of Ankur Bhatia?
Answer: Ankur Bhatia was born in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Q3. What is the net worth of Ankur Bhatia?
Answer: His net worth is $03 Million.
Q4. How old is Ankur Bhatia?
Answer: Ankur Bhatia is 43 years old.
Q5. How height is Ankur Bhatia?
Answer: His height is 6′ 3″ feet.